Who doesn’t love a good dose of Chocolate? My guilty pleasure and this is amazingly delicious! Perfect for that chocolate craving!
Who loves chocolate cake? Everyone! So rich and decadent and the butter cream icing is a PERFECT combination! The secret to a moist chocolate cake, replace the butter with oil!! This recipe turns out amazing every time and super delicious! Perfect to sit down and enjoy with a cup of tea.
Great to take to a party or bake sale and a great choice for a chocolate birthday cake for that special person!
Check out my amazing -> RECIPES
Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Butter Cream Icing
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
Butter Cream icing
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Grease and flour the pan well.
- In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla extract, beat with an electric mixer for about two minutes. Add milk and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared pans and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the middle of the pan. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Slide a knife around the edge of each cake to loosen it from the pan, turn the pan over onto a metal rack and
- Let the cake cool completely before covering with icing.
- Add cocoa to a large bowl, Whisk through to remove any lumps.
- Cream together butter and cocoa powder until well-combined.
- Add sugar and milk to cocoa mixture by adding 1 cup of sugar followed by about a tablespoon of milk. After each addition has been combined, turn mixer onto a high speed for about a minute. Repeat until all sugar and milk have been added.
- Add vanilla extract and combine well.
- If frosting appears too dry, add more milk, a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency.
- Frost your cooled cake and enjoy