I had a request for a chocolate cake recipe, so here’s my favourite one! It’s not only delicious, but turns out nice and moist when done! Nothing will satisfy your chocolate craving like this amazing chocolate cake. The buttercream icing with this is fantastic.
This can also be used for cupcakes. I make cupcakes for class parties, bake sales or get togethers using this recipe.
Perfect for that chocolate birthday cake someone is asking for. I have made this many times for a birthday party!
This cake recipe can be made fairly quickly as this is a very simple recipe to make, but you would never know as the taste is amazing! You will be very happy with this recipe when you make a cake for that special someone.
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Perfect Chocolate Cake With Butter Cream Icing
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1 3/4 Cups flour
- 3/4 Cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1 Tsp of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup oil
- 2 Tsp vanilla
- 1 Cup boiling water
Butter Cream Icing:
- 2 Lbs powdered sugar (aka confectioners/powdered sugar)
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 1/2 Cups vegetable shortening
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 Cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour two 9” round cake pans.
- Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and stir.
- Add in eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Pour into cake pans.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cream butter, shortening and vanilla until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and water gradually.
- Mix thoroughly on low speed (do not over mix!)
- Spread on cake.