Pure comfort food, but so easy to make for the whole family. Just like chicken noodle soup but much better! This classic dish is sure to be a winner tonight!
I love making casseroles, especially in the colder months when you usually want some comfort food. Casseroles are great for feeding a crowd, or if you have a large family like I do. I like to double the recipe and make an extra one to put in the freezer or even for leftovers the next day. Often times, when I male a casserole, the kids will take leftovers to school the next day in a thermos. It gives them a nice meal the next day while they are at school and fills them up until they get home. Casseroles are pretty popular with the kids so they are happy to take some the next day for their lunch.
This casserole is really popular and I often get requests for this recipe. I know many who have made it and rave about it. It frequents many menus. It’s great to take to a family get together or potluck. I always take take home an empty dish, which is a great sign that everyone loved the dish you brought.
You can use any noodles in this but I love using egg noodles so that’s what I added. Anything you have on hand will do, elbow noodles would also work great. I added corn to mine but this is optional or you can use peas, carrots, or what ever veggies you have int he freezer. Always think of a recipe as a starting point and put your own spin on it. I used a mix of cheddar and mozzarella cheese for this. I used some cheesy crackers I had on hand for the topping but you can use Ritz or what ever kind you have in your pantry. Feel free to use any kind of chicken for this, thighs or breasts work very well.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! It is now a favorite on our dinner menu.
Check out my amazing -> RECIPES
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1 bag egg noodles
- 3 cup cooked chicken
- 2 (10.5oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup corn
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cheesy crackers crushed
- Cook the noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine soup with garlic powder, onion powder and pepper.
- Stir in the chicken and corn along with 1 cup of the cheese.
- Stir in the noodles and combine well.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9x13 dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and crushed crackers.
- Cover the casserole with tinfoil and bake at 350 degree oven for 25 minutes, then uncover and bake and additional 10 minutes.