Delicious dessert recipe that will feed the whole family! A big thanks to Linda Porter for this amazing dessert recipe!
Cherry-Cheese Coffee Cake
- 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg separated
- 1/2 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- 2 8 oz cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- Powdered sugar glaze optional
- Preheat oven to 350f.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and extract together until smooth.
- Remove rolls from cans, save 4 pieces of dough and arrange the other 12 pieces on a 15-inch baking stone with the long points in the centre (the pieces should hang over the edge).
- Push the dough together to cover the stone, leaving centre open.
- Fold up the centre tips of dough to leave hole in middle.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over dough. Top with pie filling.
- Press perforations on saved dough and cut lengthwise into 8 strips.
- Twist each strip and lay over filling like spokes on a wheel.
- Fold tips of dough over spokes around outer edge and also fold tips of dough in centre.
- Brush dough with beaten egg white. Bake with glaze if desired.
- Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!