An easy to make nut cake that’ll make you wish you were in the Caribbean!
Check out more awesome -> RECIPES
Caribbean Nut Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 (20oz) can crushed pineapple undrained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter melted
- 3 large eggs
- 3 medium bananas peeled and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl, mix well with a wire whisk.
- Pour pineapple into a small bowl, add vanilla, melted butter and eggs.
- Add bananas to pineapples mixture and mix with spatula.
- Add the pineapple and bananas to the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula.
- Pour into a sprayed 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Combine sugar, butter, milk, and coconut and bring to boil on top of the stove.
- Stir constantly to keep from burning.
- Boil about five minutes until thickens.
- Remove from heat then fold in nuts.
- Let stand about 10 to 12 minutes before putting on cake.
- Refrigerate if you are not serving promptly.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!