How about a little Christmas baking? These candy cane snowballs are super cute shortbreads! They are perfect during the Christmas season!
Do you love Christmas baking? I absolutely love it! Shortbread cookies are one of my favourite Christmas goodies to make. These are especially delicious because of the candy cane topping and it makes such a pretty cookie for the holidays. They are perfect if you are taking something to a Christmas bake sale or having Christmas tea.
I made these for my daughter’s class one year and they were a huge hit with the kids. They devoured them! I’m sure you’ll love them too!
Check out more of my –> RECIPES
Candy Cane Snowballs
- 3 cups powdered sugar divided
- 1 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla (you can use 1tsp peppermint and 1tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 egg
- 3 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup candy canes finely crushed and divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- In a mixing bowl, beat 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt, stir to combine.
- Slowly add to mixing bowl, beating until combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir 1/2 cup finely crushed candy canes in by hand.
- Roll dough into small balls using just under a teaspoon of dough.
- Rolls balls through granulated sugar to coat and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool.
- While cookies bake, stir together remaining 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar with 2-3 tbsp of milk (add just enough milk to form a thick glaze).
- Drizzle over cooled cookies and top with remaining crushed candy canes immediately.