Who doesn’t love Cabbage rolls? These are fabulous and so easy to make at home! Better then take out!
I love Cabbage rolls and making them at home is awesome! When you make them at home you know exactly what goes in them and can add what you like. This recipe also includes an amazing sauce that’s delicious! Great for the whole family or for a party!
These go great with Fried Rice Recipe!
Check out more awesome -> RECIPES
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 pound ground pork can use pork or chicken
- 3/4 cup wild and brown rice cooked
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes undrained
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with a 1/4 cup of water
- Drop cabbage leaves into boiling salted water; cover and cook for 3 minutes; drain well.
- For filling, combine ground pork, rice, onion, egg, and salt, pepper, and milk.
- Mix well and divide into 12 portions.
- Place a portion into the center of each cabbage leaf.
- Roll leaf around filling; fasten with toothpick and place in a baking dish.
- For sauce, combine tomato sauce, tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, and 1/2 cup of water and pour over cabbage rolls.
- Bake covered in a preheated 350° oven 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove rolls and discard toothpicks.
- Place pan with juices over medium heat or transfer the juices to a saucepan and place over heat.
- Stir cornstarch and water mixture into the sauce; bring to a boil and cook until thickened.