It doesn’t get much better than this caramel drizzled pound cake! Whether it’s for a special occasion or just because, this is sure to please everyone.
This is a great dessert for all of you who aren’t on a low carb diet. It’s even better if you love things covered in caramel
Besides it’s deliciousness, this pound cake is also pretty versatile. It’s easy to make, yet fancy enough for guests and special occasions. I suppose you could also just keep it all for yourself and have a bite every now and then.
If you feel like going all out, you could top it with chocolate chunks. My kids say it tastes very good with chocolate chunks
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Brown Sugar Carmel Pound Cake
- 1 1/2 Cups butter softened
- 2 Cups light brown sugar packed
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 5 Large eggs
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 1 8oz bag toffee chips (I use Heath)
- 1 Cup pecans chopped
Caramel Drizzle Ingredients
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Spray a 12 cup Bundt pan with cooking spray or grease, and dust with flour
- Beat softened butter until creamy.
- Add sugars beating until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour mix to batter alternating with milk, beat until just combined.
- Stir in toffee chips and pecans.
- Spoon batter into pan and bake 85 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- To prevent excess browning, cover cake with foil while baking.
- Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Caramel Drizzle Instructions
- In a medium saucepan combine condensed milk and brown sugar; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently.
- Reduce heat, and SIMMER for 8 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Remove from heat; whisk in butter and vanilla.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before spooning caramel drizzle over cooled cake.
- NOTE: Make sure to drizzle the caramel while it’s still HOT.