Another great soup that is thick, hearty and perfect for any occasion! This soup has amazing flavor and is sure to be a family favorite!
Check out my amazing -> RECIPES
Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets and thinly sliced
- 2 tbs garlic minced
- 2 tbs flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tsp Salt and pepper to taste..
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce to taste optional
- In a large pot, melt the butter on medium, and add all the vegetables.
- Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all vegetables are softened. Stir in the flour until it coats all the vegetables, then stir in the chicken stock vigorously to keep the flour from clumping.
- Simmer for a few minutes, then pour a little of soup at a time into a blender, and puree until mostly smooth. You can also use a hand held mixer and mix it right in the pot. Make sure to remove pot from burner first.
- Bring soup to a simmer again on low heat, and add the milk and cheese.
- Season with the salt and pepper and a few good shakes of the Tabasco.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!