Better then blueberry pie! Blueberry crumble bars taste amazing!
Check out more awesome -> RECIPES
Blueberry Crumble Bars
- 3-4 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely ground cornmeal
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter or grease a 9-inch square pan.
- Combine blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and a pinch of salt in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat and continue to simmer, stirring constantly until it thickens slightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Stir together flour, cornmeal, and a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Cream softened butter and sugar in a bowl until it is light and fluffy, then add vanilla and mix.
- Add dry ingredients on low speed being careful to scrape the sides of bowl several times.
- Stop mixing when ingredients are fully incorporated but dough is still crumbly.
- Evenly distribute 1 1/2 cups of the crumbly dough over bottom of prepared pan and press lightly to hold in place.
- Put the remaining dough in the refrigerator.
- Bake crust for 25 minutes, or until lightly toasty brown.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups blueberry filling over crust and crumble the remaining dough over the top of filling.
- An even covering will produce a crust that covers blueberries almost entirely, letting it peak through here and there.
- Put back in oven and bake until top crust is golden brown, about 40 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes then carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to prevent the bars from sticking.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!