The moistest cake you’ll ever eat! It’s also the perfect cake for mailing. The rum acts as the perfect preservative. It freezes beautifully also.
This is a great cake to make for a gift. The rum preserves it and so it does last longer then a regular cake. The flavor is amazing and this is especially great during the holidays.
Check out more delicious -> RECIPES
Best Ever Rum Cake with Glazed Icing
- 6-8 pecans divided into halves
- 18 ounce package of yellow cake mix with pudding in the mix
- 1/2 cup rum light or dark
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
Hot Rum Glaze
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Grease and lightly flour a bundt pan.
- Arrange the pecan halves in the bottom.
- Put the cake mix in a large mixing bowl, add the rum, water, oil and eggs.
- Mix with an electric mixer for 2 minutes and pour batter into pan(s).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes; cake is done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Hot Rum Glaze
- Immediately after the cake comes out of the oven, place the ingredients in a medium-size saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly to keep from sticking.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes, continuing to stir constantly.
- With hot cake still in pan(s), use a large spoon or small ladle to pour the glaze over the cake so its runs over the top and down the sides.
- The space on the sides will fill up, but the glaze will soon be absorbed into the cake. Leave cake in pan for another 30 minutes.
- Turn upside down onto a serving plate., tapping on the bottom if cake does not fall out immediately.