A delicious and easy to make rhubarb pie perfect for a nice summer day!
Check out more delicious -> RECIPES
- 6 cups rhubarb chopped
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pastry for a 9” double crust pie
- 1 medium egg beaten for glaze
- sugar for topping optional
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon in a bowl.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out half the pastry dough and line a 9” pie plate. Spoon in filling.
- Roll out the remaining dough and using a pastry wheel or knife to cut out 1 inch strips.
- Brush the rim of the pie with the beaten egg.
- Weave strips over the pie to form a lattice, then trim and flute the edge. Brush beaten egg over the lattice.
- Sprinkle sugar on top if desired. Bake on a baking sheet with sides in a 425 degrees oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 and continue baking 50-60 minutes more until rhubarb is tender and filling is thickened.
- Crust will be golden. Let stand for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!