This is one of those classic recipes that always tastes amazing. Red velvet cupcakes are a real treat and vanilla cream cheese icing goes perfectly!
These cupcakes are delicious and perfect to make for those special people in your life. This is a classic dessert and full of amazing flavor!
Check out my amazing -> RECIPES
Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (1oz) bottle red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended.
- Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Spread icing on cupcakes
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frostnig Frosting
- In bowl, beat cream cheese with butter; beat in vanilla.
- Beat in sugar in 2 additions until smooth.