This salted caramel recipe is soooo yummy and delicious! The perfect topping for a number of desserts or even popcorn! A must try!
This salted caramel recipe is so yummy! Use it to top any dessert, like ice cream, cake, squares, or even try it on pop corn! It is the perfect combination of salty and sweet mixed together. This also works great for using in recipes as well that need a caramel filling. Stores well in the fridge for later use. Just let it sit at room temperature or warm before using. Also stays well for 24 hours if gifting. This home made caramel is much better then store bought!
Check out more amazing -> RECIPES
Home Made Salted Caramel Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbs salted butter cut up into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a high heat resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Sugar will form clumps and eventually melt into a thick brown, amber-colored liquid as you continue to stir. Be careful not to burn.
- Once sugar is completely melted, immediately add the butter. Be careful in this step because the caramel will bubble rapidly when the butter is added.
- Stir the butter into the caramel until it is completely melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Very slowly, drizzle in 1/2 cup of heavy cream while stirring. Since the heavy cream is colder than the caramel, the mixture will rapidly bubble and/or splatter when added.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute. It will rise in the pan as it boils.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of salt. Allow to cool down before using.
- Make ahead tip: You can make this caramel in advance. Make sure it is covered tightly and store it for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator. Warm the caramel up for a few seconds before using in a recipe.
- This caramel is OK at room temperature for a day if you're traveling or gifting it.