This is a very old recipe that’s been in the family for many years and it’s so good! These instructions are written in detail for someone who’s never made a pound cake.
This is an easy to follow pound cake recipe that is tried and truly amazing!
Check out more awesome -> RECIPES
Gramma's Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup Self-rising Flour
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- It's very important that all the ingredients be at room temperature.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Mix flours and salt in another bowl and then add 1/6th of the flour and an egg consecutively to the sugar mixture.
- I leave the mixer on low and alternate with the last 1/6th of the flour going in after the last egg.
- Add the milk slowly while mixing, add the flavorings and the zest if you're adding the lemon zest.
- Pour evenly into a tube pan that's been greased. I use coconut oil, and glob it on, then I shake in powdered sugar.
- You can use flour, but the sugar leaves a sweet taste on the outside of the cake instead of flour taste, and it works very well.
- Put in cold oven on center rack, set oven to 325 for 90 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!