These sandwiches are the perfect size to take anywhere, everyone loves these!
Ok you have to admit, funeral sandwiches is a strange name for a recipe. These sandwiches got their name because if there was a funeral, someone always made these sandwiches to feed a big crowd!
Don’t worry you can make these for any occasion. They are the perfect size for a party or get together. People can grab them and eat them in a few bites. They are perfect for little hands as well, kids love these! When ever I make these they go super fast! They’re so popular!
This recipe made 4 sheet pans of rolls (96 total), with a few plain rolls left over.
Check out more of my awesome –> RECIPES
- 3 bags Sam's dinner rolls
- 24+ Slices black forest ham
- 24 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 Cup butter melted
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- Slice rolls, if needed.
- Squeeze 24 rolls on an 11x15 inch sheet pan (it's okay if they are touching).
- Place one slice of ham (some of my slices were super thin, so I added another half slice with those) and one slice of cheese on the bottom half of each roll, then replace tops.
- Mix together with a small whisk.
- Brush tops of ham and cheese rolls liberally with sauce, then pour remaining sauce over all.
- Cover pan with foil and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake rolls, covered, for 10 minutes, then remove foil and bake another 10 to 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown.