Need a quick and easy weekday meal that is pure comfort food? Then look no further that this creamed chicken and biscuits casserole! And the best part is your kids will love it too!
Creamed chicken and biscuits casserole will be a hit with your kids, but even better is the fact that you’ll love it too! It’s a filling dish that looks like you put more time into it then you actually did. It’s a little different then most meals, but amazingly delicious! The ingredients are simple and this is so easy to make. You can use either chicken breasts or chicken legs for this. I have tried it both ways and its delicious either way. If you aren’t a fan of peas I would use corn instead. I swapped those ingredients and corn was a fantastic replacement.
It’s great for a busy night wen you need something simple and fast! This is simple enough that teens can help out or even make this if your kids like to cook. I love it when my kids cook, but it doesn’t always happen though. The best part is if your kids cook and clean up their mess! Most of the time my kids would rather bake then cook. This is a great recipe when they have friends over as well because it’s a winner!
With the winter months coming its great to have some recipes that are baked dishes. On a cold day it’s so nice to come home to a home cooked meal!
Find more of my –> RECIPES!
Creamed Chicken and Biscuits Casserole
- 1 small onion
- 1 1/2 tsp butter
- 2 lbs chicken breasts chopped cooked
- 1 cup green peas cooked
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers sautéed chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 can biscuits refrigerated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease the bottom and sides of an 11x7 inch baking dish or 10 inch quiche dish.
- Chop the onion.
- Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet and saute until tender.
- Combine cooked onion, soup, chicken, milk, peas, red pepper, and mayo in a bowl and then turn into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over the baked mixture.
- Arrange biscuits decoratively in a single layer and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over them.
- Return casserole to oven and bake until biscuits are golden brown and sauce is bubbly, usually about 20 minutes longer.