These chocolate covered peanut butter balls are a christmas favourite at my house! It’s impossible to keep people from eating all of them, they’re that good!
These make AMAZING Christmas gifts! Homemade Christmas gifts made with love are the best gift you can give someone. I love making homemade gifts and my kids deliver gifts we make to the neighbours every year. They love walking around the neighbourhood giving our homemade goodies they they put their time and effort into!
These chocolate covered peanut butter balls are a favorite of mine, and a family favourite too! It’s impossible to keep people from eating them they are so irresistible and delicious! We don’t eat sweets too often but over the holidays its nice to indulge a little bit especially when you can share with guests. It’s always nice to have a few things prepared when guests come over to visit.
I actually pop these in the freezer so they stay good and they thaw really fast a couple hours ahead of time. So convenient and great for Christmas bake sales and parties.
Just be careful if you are giving these out that you aren’t giving them to someone with a nut allergy. I always ask before offering because these days so many have allergies. Better to be safe.
“I made these. They are great, really rich but good.”
-Carol A Morin
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls
- 20 Oz creamy peanut butter
- 1 Lb + 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Lbs powdered sugar
- 3 Cups graham crackers crushed
- 3 Cups rice cereal
- 2 Lbs dark chocolate
- Melt the peanut butter and butter over medium-low heat.
- Once melted remove from heat and immediately add powder sugar, graham crackers, and rice cereal (I prefer Rice Krispies, they tend to remain crisp much longer).
- Mix until completely blended.
- Form mixture into balls (I use a small, 1 Tbsp. scoop for more uniform balls) and roll quickly in hands to firmly pack.
- Put on parchment paper lined pans in a single layer.
- Once all mixture is formed into balls place into freezer for a few hours to chill and set before dipping.
- Melt the chocolate per instructions on the package.
- Dip the peanut butter balls into the chocolate, using a fork, and tap on side of bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place balls back on parchment paper to harden.
- Once the chocolate is hardened place candy in layers, separated with paper towels (absorbs any moisture the chocolate might let off), in an airtight container in a cool area, far away from the children - lest they eat all of them!
- (CAN BE FROZEN!!!)