Chicken and Dumplings is one of my favorite comfort foods! So easy to make and so delicious, your family will love these!
Chicken and dumplings is a hearty meal that is sure to be a hit for your whole family. It’s super simple to make and tastes amazing! Great on a cold winter day to warm you up! Always a favorite and the kids will love it too!
A lot of people remember this recipe from when they were kids. This is such an easy alternative you make quickly! Great for a weekday meal. Can also be made in the crockpot once your chicken is cooked. Either way it tastes amazing!
>Check out my amazing -> RECIPES
Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 chicken
- 2-3 cans of Pillsbury Biscuits the small biscuits not the larger ones like Grands
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 Cup flour
- Remove the giblets from the Chicken and discard, Wash the Chicken
- Salt and Pepper Chicken
- Put Chicken in a pot and cover with water, boil until chicken is done (about 45 minutes)
- When Chicken is done, take out and let cool
- SAVE ALL THE BROTH FROM THE CHICKEN
- While Chicken is cooling , open the biscuits and flatten each one ( I just smash them with my hands)
- Dip or dredge biscuits in flour, then cut each one in 4 pieces ( I use my kitchen Shears)
- Add the Cream of Chicken Soup to the Broth, Then drop the Biscuits in and let cook while you are Pulling the meat off of the Chicken.
- Add Chicken, Salt and Pepper to Taste.