Instead of granola bars make this! Baked oatmeal to go is cheaper than granola bars and you know exactly what goes in them!
Mornings are really busy at my house. Getting hubby and 3 kids off each morning can be hectic. That’s why breakfast to go is awesome! These are almost like granola bars, but healthier and more filling. You can add nuts, chocolate chips, raisins, blueberries or anything you like. They’re delicious and a hit at my house for sure. Anything home made is always better then store bought snacks. Make sure you try one right out of the oven they are so good!
These can also be frozen and taken out for a last minute snack or breakfast idea. I like to freeze them and heat them up as needed. These are also gluten free and diabetic friendly as they can be made with either sweetener or honey instead of sugar.
Click here for more –> RECIPES!
Baked Oatmeal To Go
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Cups applesauce unsweetened
- 1 large banana mashed
- 6 Packets Stevia (or 1/2 cup honey)
- 5 Cups rolled oats
- 1/4 Cups flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tsp salt
- 2 3/4 Cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and Stevia together in a bowl.
- Add in oats, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well.
- Pour in milk and combine.
- If using fresh or frozen fruit, drop it right into the batter.
- Grease a 12 and 6 capacity muffin tin (enough for 18 muffins) or use cupcake liners.
- Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin cups.
- If using toppings add them onto the tops of muffins now.
- Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick in centre comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy or freeze them in gallon freezer bags.