Looking for a quick and delicious baked chicken recipe for tonight’s meal? Your family will love this one!
Looking for a new recipe for all those chicken breasts you have in your freezer? This one is easy and tastes amazing! This is the first time I made this and the whole family loved it! Will definitely be making it again. I had all the ingredients to make it already which was great and it didn’t take long to get it in the oven and bake. I actually used frozen chicken breasts and just baked them longer than the time on the recipe and they turned out great.
Since I was using frozen I put them into a 15 minute brine first because spices don’t stick well to frozen chicken. If you are in a hurry and you want to do it this way it works out great! Simply fill a medium bowl with warm (not hot) water and dissolve some salt into it (about 1/4 cup salt to 8 cups water). Add your chicken for about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes you can add your chicken to the bag of spices like in the recipe. Brining the chicken will also give it some extra flavour! Some people brine their turkey before cooking it and you can do it with chicken too and it’s really yummy!
We will definitely be making this again. Next time I’d like to leave the spices on overnight. I was in a hurry this time and didn’t allow that time for the chicken to absorb the spices, but it still had plenty of flavour and was delicious! The flavour was sweet and spicy!
We served this with -> Crock Pot Creamed Corn
Check out more of my –> RECIPES!
Baked Brown Sugar Spiced Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, and salt pepper in a plastic ziplock bag.
- Add chicken breasts and seal. Shake to coat chicken.
- Leave chicken in fridge for 1-3 hours (or even overnight) to absorb flavors. If you are in a hurry you can skip this step)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange chicken breasts on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until done.