They carry it back to the colony and they all die! What’s so cool about this is, it took them 2 minutes to find it and 5 minutes to fill up like the pic!
- 1 empty water bottle (Cut it down to about 2″ tall)
- 5 Tbsp of baking soda
- 5 Tbsp of powdered sugar
- Take a small amount of powdered sugar (also called icing sugar) and mix it with an equal amount of baking soda
- Powdered sugar is essential. You cannot use the larger grains of sugar for this.
- Mix the two powders together and then place small amounts against the walls or other areas where you would not normally walk, but where you would normally see the ants.
- The ants will be attracted to the sugar and will eat some of it and collect more to take home to feed others, so all of them will get their share.
- The sugar and baking soda powders are similar in size and, once mixed together, the ants cannot separate the two items, so, as they eat the sugar, they will also ingest the baking soda, which they would otherwise never touch.
- This is the reason for using powdered sugar. Once the ants eat the baking soda it will react with the formic acid in their stomachs and cause gas. The bodies of ants are unlike humans and they cannot eliminate gas so it will build up inside them and cause them to literally explode.
Check out more -> household tips!